I love products that are good for me and my family. I don’t know about you but I feel that I’s getting harder and hard to find products that are safe for my family. So many recalls, so many lawsuits, so many toxins being put into our bodies. We love in a very consumable world, use, toss repeat. It’s hard to find quality items, it’s even more rare to find quality items that are made with love and care.
Kids get sick. It happens. They get stuffed up, runny noses, coughs, they drip from everywhere. Delightful picture eh.
Todays product review is a potty training aid, not just any potty training aid, it’s IllumiBowl!!!!!!
I was contacted by IllumiBowl to review this product. I love reviewing products and especially ones that I an get the whole family involved in. I watched the YouTube video and thought, this is pretty cool! My daughter might find this interesting while we are in the midst of potty training. If there is anything to assist and make the whole potty training process easier, I’M IN! Lets give it a whirl (get it … Whirl!).
SCORE ONE FOR MUM!!!
I found that I had a moment to myself in the mall. I know weird right!? But the stars aligned and I was alone. OK, maybe I wandered off while Scarlett was playing at the indoor structure with her Dad. None the less. I had a mini vacation going on, so I wandered into the book store.
I wasn’t looking for anything in particular but as I was perusing (that’s fancy for looking) the shelves at the bookstore I found an interesting book for Scarlett. Fancy Nancy. Scarlett loves books. She sits a if she is interested enough, will spend up to an hour!!!! reading it herself.
Anything that can hold my daughter’s attention longer than 5 minutes has my attention too. I don’t know about you but my daughter tries to do everything she can get her hand on in a 30 minute span. Blocks. Dolls. TV. Dancing. Spilling Cheerios in the chair. Move the dog toys 6 times. Books.
I love that there are so many products on the market to entertain kids. However, I hate how you have to purchase them all individually and they can be so bloody expensive. If you spend the money and your kids hate it, you’re sometimes out $100.
I had a lovely surprise Saturday afternoon. alenaslife has nominated me, Confessions of a Working Mum, for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I had to read this a few times, because frankly this new shocked me! I’m not going to lie, a tear came to my eye, as I was standing in line at Wal Mart getting tylenol for my wee one. A couple people noticed and shot me that sideways look, but I didn’t care. I don’t think I’ve ever been nominated for anything.
People don’t seem to get inspired like they use to, or maybe it’s that Hollywood has romanticized the idea of being inspired. Anyways, I am grateful and honoured. Thank you alenaslife you have made my week. Make sure you take a moment check out her post.
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven random facts about me:
- I don’t like cooking. I can burn water like a pro.
- When I was little I had a horrible habit of biting my nails.
- I did not like being pregnant at all, I’d much rather go through labour again then 9 months of being pregnant.
- I would rather stay home, curled up with a good book and a glass of wine then go out to a noise pub.
- I love rainy Fridays.
- I want to travel the world, but have a fear of flying.
- I never thought I’d be a Mum, but I’m greatful I am. I wouldn’t want it any other way.