I was listening to the radio on my way to work the other morning, and they were talking about fear. Everything from huge fears like being trapped in an avalanche to something small like a bug. I was intrigued, very intrigued. I always think people are braver than me. I just assume my fears are my own (which they are), but I never think that someone else could have the same fear(s) as me.
This women had a class project where she had to do something for 100 days and document it. It could be anything you wanted for 100 days, well she made a list of 100 things that she was afraid of. Her list was pretty interesting and I was fascinated to see she had some of the same fears as I did. (check out her blog www.100dayswithoutfear.com)
I made a list.
Rather than me adding to my daily to do list, I am going to pick something from my list and do it when I feel bored, or need to be challenged. So I won’t be doing this everyday. I may even add to the list. !!!
- Dying my hair purple – well not my whole head just streaks of purple
- Public Speaking
- Having another baby
- Helping someone who needs it
- Dancing in public – sober
- Dealing with negative comments
- Standing near a snake
- Let the milk run out
- Take my daughter for a walk after dinner with no husband or dog
- Dine alone
- Donate blood
- Take a picture of a stranger than talk to them after about it
- Submit a photo to a site for contest
- Take more selfies!
- Cook for my husband with out his help
- Light the BBQ
- Talk to a Mum at the park (make a new friend)
- Leave my phone at home for an entire day
- Speak up
- Let my child have a tantrum in public
- When something medical happens DON’T Google it
- Bike ride with my daughter – away from the house
- Take Scarlett to the park with no stroller
- Have someone give me a make over and I can’t say a think about it during the process
- Don’t apologize for being pregnant
- Not celebrating my birthday, not planning something or know that someone is planning something
- No plan.
- Not being in control.
- Hugging a stranger who needs one
- Ask for help
My hope is that by doing these things, and speaking out about them publicly, I won’t worry as much. I will do more things. I will enjoy life a little more and stress a little less.
I think this is an excellent experiment.
What are your fears? Have you ever over come a fear and what was your reaction to it?