I know – you’ve seen a million of these and now it’s a million and 1 and these things are ACTUALLY free. I hate when you read the ‘free’ activities and they require items that you don’t have, so then you have to hunting for them. To me, that’s not free.
I always try to find activities for Scarlett to do, especially rainy day activities… living on the West Coast, we get a few rainy days out here. Bundle up and embrace the rain!
Here are an array of activities to do with your wee one(s).
Here are my TOP 10 FREE TODDLER ACTIVITIES
1. Rainy day! puddle jumping. I mean what kid doesn’t love puddle jumping? Sure it’s messy and wet but the fun that will be had is way better.
2. Dirt. Yup dirt. Scarlett will spend hours just exploring the yard, and the dirt. She loves it, she may or may not have eaten some of it but that is part of growing up.
3. Afternoon at the park!!! This is one our favoriate activities. Meet new people. Always has a new favoratie toy there. Last time it was the slide… what will it be next?
4. Pots & Pans. I wouldn’t drag these out if you have a headache but WOW! Toddlers first drum set. When I’m cooking dinner, Scarlett will bang away on the pots and pans. She then starts stacking them. Who knew pots and pans could be so versatile.
5. Forts! Yup! Blanket forts. After dinner, Daddy makes a blanket fort and Mommy and Scarlett play with dolls in the fort. Daddy tried to get in. It’s so much fun and such a great activity for the whole family. This one may be my personal favourite.
6. Dress up. My daughter is such a girly girl, she loves dressing up in Mommy’s shoes, and wearing my jewellery.
7. Water! In the summer time we usually go out in the morning and water all the plants, well the fun that is had, oh.my.goodness! She loves the spray nozzle. It absolutely fascinates her. Water in the bucket is hours of entertainment as well.
8. Laundry. I don’t know what it’s like in your house, but in mine, she jumps in the pile of laundry as if they were leaves. Sometimes I catch her reading a book while laying on the laundry pile.
9. Running around in the yard. Do kids still do that? This little ones loves it. Fresh air. Your imagination. Exploring!
10. Walks! Scarlett is always asking if we can go for a walk. We don’t get far because we stop every 30 seconds to examine the twig, bug or trash that is right in front of her. I call there ‘Scarlett Walk’s. Lots of ‘What’s this?” are asked. Very educational.
What activities does your wee one like to do?