My daughter LOVES pasta. She goggles it up. Now maybe that’s because I ate so much of it when I was pregnant or her Daddy is 3/4 Italian. Either way, I’m happy she loves it so much.
Here is a really yummy pasta salad for the wee ones.
What you will need
- 12 ounces fun shaped pasta
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons of salt
- Dash of sugar – optional
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound of cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Ground black pepper – optional
- Basil leaves
Combined it all together
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Then drain and rinse in cold water until cool. Set aside.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and throw into a large skillet. Saute until slightly crisp, and then remove to a paper towel lined plate
- For the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt and sugar put in a small bowl
- Stir together the pasta, dressing, tomatoes, bacon, cheddar and green onions in a large mixing bowl. Taste for seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the basil at the end.