Burgers these days are getting to be HUGE. My daughter and I could slip a burger and there still be some left over and I hate wasting food.
For Mother’s Day we had a BBQ, we had burgers and little sliders (my Mum made them). I wanted to try them at home, but she never keeps recipes for long. I stumbled across this Turkey Sliders recipe on Savvymom.ca. These are perfect size portions for my daughter or any toddle really.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fresh ground Parmesan
- ½ small onion, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 10 slider rolls
- optional: lettuce, tomato, cheese, ketchup, mustard
- Combine turkey, Parmesan, onion, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well until combined. Shape into 10 two-inch patties and transfer to a plate. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Brush the mini turkey burgers with the olive oil and place on a grill over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the centre of the meat is no longer pink. Remove and transfer to a platter, allowing the meat to rest for five minutes.
- Serve on rolls with desired toppings.
Good to Know: Turkey burgers can be shaped and frozen (place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the freezer until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe container separating the patties with layers of parchment). To cook, remove from freezer and thaw in the refrigerator. Grill as per the instructions above.